Congressman Bob Filner provides quarterly reports on current veterans' legislation such as service connected disability compensation, GI Bill, health care, employment, care givers, veterans spouses and dependents, Agent Orange and Gulf War Illness compensation.
- Veterans, active duty service, get support from bills signed by Gov. Jerry Brown.
- VA Culture Change Means Protecting Whistle Blowers from Intimidation, Retaliation.
- House & Senate meet to address the VA health care crisis.
- Urge Senate to Pass S. 2450 McCain-Sanders Bill to Improve VA Healthcare Now!
- Bill outlines solutions to VA healthcare scheduling and access deficiencies.
- House passes VA accountability bill
- House passes bill to fund VA medical care programs.
- The Loop of VA/Veterans Medical Care
- Native American Veterans PTSD Study
- Veterans Die Because of Delayed Treatment
- Search the Vietnam Wall for friends and family
- Young veterans just out of the service and receiving health care from the government committed suici
- Disabled Vets Employment
- Service Animal Guidance Released by HUD
- NEW VETERANS HISTORY QUIZ
- NEW VETERANS NATION MUSIC QUIZ
- Women's Call Center Open for Business
- Compensation for Surviving Family Members
- How to Get Your Veteran Identification Card
- Vets News from Vets First
- Military-VA Funding Bill Clears House
- New VetNet Poll - click here
- According to the Association of American Railroads, some 500 companies and organizations in the rail
- The House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs sent a bipartisan letter to Department of Defense Secret
- Chairman Murray sites problem with VA/DOD electronic medical records.
- Tricare to Increase Co-payments
- DOD, VA Improve Online Access to Benefits Information
- Senate Introduces Vets Employment Bill - Click for report
- New Veterans History Quiz - click here
- New Vets Poll Question - Click Here to Vote
- Gulf Vets Support from VA
- SBA Launches Vet Business Program
- VA to Partner for 100,000 Homeless Vet Housing
- Beware of Veterans Health Care Scam - Click for report
- DD214 Now Available Online - Click here for info
- Two NEW MIA's Recovered
- Senate to introduce GI Bill Watchdog - Click here for story
- Army chief questioned on PTSD flaw - Click for report
- 3 New MIA's Returned - Click here for report
- VA Testifies on Budget Request Seeking 10.5% Increase - Click
- VA Budget Request Tops $140 Billion - Click for story
- Great site for Vietnam history info - Click for link
- VA adds 47 ships to Agent Orange list - Click for report
- Shinseki Adds 10.3 mil to Homeless Vets - Click for report
- Vote on Agent Orange Legislation - click here for Poll
- Retro Payments Made For Agent Orange - Click For Story
- Vietnam Memorial Education Center Needs Photos - Click for story
- ARMY RANGER RECEIVES MEDAL OF HONOR - Click for report
- Learn about VA QTC Exams & other important VA rules and navigation - Click here
- 3 MORE MIA's IDENTIFIED - Click for full report
- Find Employment Resources Right Here on Veterans Network - Click to be linked
- Government Hiring More Veterans - Click for report
- No Waiting List at Barstow Vet Home - Click for report
- The Jane Fonda War Memorial - Click to view
- Reflections on Pearl Harbor by Admiral Nimitz - Click to read
- VA Launches Caregiver Support Hotline - Click for story
- Missing WWII Airman's Remains Identified - Click for story
Dave answers an FAQ regarding buying life and health insurance from the VA. Another question comes from a WWII vet seeking help from the VA for housing upgrades and how service-connected-disability is a factor.
August 2012. House Committee on Veterans Affairs ranking member Bob Filner provides another exclusive legislation report. The congressman discusses the status of electronics transfer of records between DOD and VA, President Obama's revamped "Transition GPS" program, The "veterans Skills to Jobs Act, and the state of affairs regarding Agent Orange and Gulf War Illness.
Senate Veterans Affairs Committee chairman Patty Murray questions Army
Dec. 2010. House Committee on Veterans Affairs ranking member Bob Filner provides another exclusive legislation report.
June 2010. Chairman Bob Filner of the House Committee of Veterans Affairs gives our veterans another exclusive legislation report.
Dec. 2009. Congressman Bob Filner "House Committee of Veterans Affairs Chairman" gives Veterans Network an exclusive report.
Archived - June, 2009. Congressman Bob Filner "House Committee of Veterans Affairs Chairman" gives Veterans Network an exclusive report.
Oct, 2008. Congressman Bob Filner "House Committee of Veterans Affairs Chairman" gives Veterans Network an exclusive report.
July, 2008. Congressman Bob Filner "House Committee of Veterans Affairs Chairman" gives Veterans Network an exclusive report.